BURTON RECRUITMENT CODE OF CONDUCT ON ANTI-SLAVERY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING PREVENTION.
- Burton Recruitment Limited has a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery.
- a) We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships.
- b) we are committed to ensuring there is transparency in our business and in our approach to tackling modern slavery throughout our supply chains.
- This code of conduct applies to all persons working for us, suppliers, or on our behalf in any capacity.
- This Code of Conduct is not part of any employee’s employment contract. We may amend it at any time.
WHAT CONSTITUTES SLAVERY
- “Modern Slavery” is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights. It takes various forms, such as slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labour and human trafficking, all of which have in common the deprivation of a person’s liberty by another in order to exploit them for personal or commercial gain.
- A full definition of the offences comprising modern slavery can be found in the Modern Slavery Act (available online).
6. All employees and business partners have a role in ensuring that our zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery is upheld, communicated to suppliers and fully transparent at all times. Any activity that might lead to, or suggest, a breach in this code must be reported immediately.
WHY IS THE CODE OF CONDUCT IMPORTANT?
7. By focussing on tackling modern slavery, we can protect vulnerable works and play our part in helping to eradicate a very serious form of human rights violation. In addition, it supports our company strive for excellence and aligns with our core values of professionalism, honesty and integrity.