Our Client is a well established and specialist loss adjusting company who partner with leaders within the insurance industry, committed to providing exceptional services and tailored solutions. With a focus on innovation and customer satisfaction, they strive to be at the forefront of the industry. As they continue to grow, they are seeking a skilled and experienced Construction and Engineering Adjuster to join their dynamic team.
In this role, you will be responsible for investigating, evaluating, and settling claims related to construction and engineering projects. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in assessing damages, determining liability, and working closely with clients, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate claims resolution.
- Handle and conduct thorough investigations of high value construction and engineering-related insurance claims.
- Assess and determine coverage, liability, and extent of damages.
- Collaborate with field experts, contractors, and engineers to gather necessary information.
- Review and analyse policy documentation to ensure accurate claims processing.
- Market for existing and new business lines.
- Preparing case management plans, visiting the Insured, Brokers, Claimants, Claimants’ representatives, Insurers, Re-insurers and retained Experts.
- Preparing reports commenting in detail on all aspects of the claim, including policy analysis and liability, quantum and future actions.
- Visiting sites, interviewing witnesses and preparation of witness statements.
- Instructing and controlling surveyors, lawyers, forensic scientists and other experts as appropriate.
- Communicating regularly with all interested parties, calculating and approving interim payments, preparing interim reports and other communication.
- Additionally developing working relationships with existing clients and helping to identify and plan approaches to new clients.
- Maintain and update files and records keeping fully up to date on any technical or legal changes that may have a bearing on a case.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, regulations, and best practices.
- Quality focused role – providing quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Team focused – working with colleagues throughout the business.
If you have proven experience as a Construction and Engineering Adjuster or in a similar role within the insurance industry, strong knowledge of construction and engineering principles and practices, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills along with effective communication and negotiation abilities, we’d like to hear from you. Relevant insurance qualifications or a degree in a relevant field (Engineering, Construction Management, or similar) would be advantageous, although not essential for candidates qualified by experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com