Our client, a Global Manufacturing Company and a leading innovator, is seeking a Category Manager, responsible for managing all aspects of new product development on selected brands, from initial concept through to final production.
They will provide continued support on all previously developed products once in production and maintain and develop strong relationships with factories, external licensors, and internal teams.
Forming part of the product development team, they will report to the divisional director and become a key player on this already successful team.
It is envisaged that the Main duties of the role will encompass the following:
- Maintain up to date knowledge of competitor brands, products and pricing in the UK and international marketplaces through regular competitor reviews, online desk research and instore visits.
- Actively highlighting concepts from other brands for potential development.
- Analyse and report on the sales performance of product ranges.
- Develop and maintain buyer cards for each brand/category by season throughout the development process.
- Bring fresh ideas and concepts for development into appropriate brands.
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers, while seeking new ones.
- Brief internal Design team and external factories with new product development, as necessary.
- Collaborate with factories on sourced new product development opportunities.
- Providing full product specification and briefs for all new development to the wider teams.
- Negotiate unit costs and tooling costs with factories
- Drive and track development of new products through weekly development meetings. Ensuring meeting notes are updated and circulated to the wider team.
- Drive and track CEO approval on new products at each stage of development.
- Ensure all products have been risk assessed and documented.
- Ensure all new/refresh lines are set up on the internal system and completed accurately.
- Ensure all approvals and communications with Licensors are tracked and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with licensors throughout the development process, ensuring they are informed of all developments in a timely manner.
- Attend retailer meetings and present the product range to customers alongside NAMs when required.
- Brief all new packaging artwork to UK and HK Design office, as necessary.
- Coordinate and develop new product packaging style guides where required.
- Develop and finalise packaging dimensions and pack layouts for new products – ensuring these are fully approved by the CEO and licensors (where necessary).
- Ensuring packaging artwork is produced in the required style guide, reviewing, and refining the artwork – ensuring this is fully approval by licensors/CEO and meets critical path dates.
- Co-ordinate packaging mock ups required for showrooms and key customer meetings.
- Line list proposal for domestic stock.
- Investigate margins to ensure products landing cost is viable.
- Ensure all domestic lines are set up on the internal system with correct pricing.
- Run regular stock checks to be aware of stock levels.
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules, based on low stock and sales history.
- Liaise directly with factory to ensure products are delivered on time.
- Taking full responsibility for the delivery of accurate product displays.
- Planning and merchandising range layouts and space, including briefing in and refining showroom graphics in conjunction with Design.
- Continually ensuring the latest packaging and product samples are on display.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org